OH Mmm GEE! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award and when I got the message I was so shocked, but it makes me feel so honored and humbled that the hard work I have been putting in is not going unnoticed. So naturally, I began to research about this award, what it means, how your nominated and the rules and I must say this all brought a little sunshine to my day. I was nominated by the lovely Alecia, please visit her blog or IG and show some love! Let’s jump in on how this amazing award works & what it means.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award anyway?
This award with such a pretty name as sunshine is awarded by bloggers to other bloggers as a way to offer some support, shed some light on them and to recognize their achievements. This award spreads some sunshine within the blogging community, it’s a perfect way to build the blogging community and support one another.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
Be a kick-ass blogger (not a real rule but you get it)!
- Give a shout out and thanks to the blogger who nominated you and your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked of you.
- Create 11 new questions to be asked of your nominees.
- Notify your nominees
- Display the rules and logo in a blog post or on your blog page
Answers to the questions from Live Love & Coffee Breaks by Alecia
1. What motivates you the most? My family, they motivate me the most. I do everything in life because I want them to have the best life possible, to have a happy mom & wife and for my children to have love and support from both my husband and myself. I am always striving to be the best version of myself even when I’m a wreck because that’s just who I am. I hope that my children learn from me to work hard, live their dreams and never stop trying!
2. What’s your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging is the freedom it gives me to share my opinions, help others, motivates others and to make someone laugh. I’ve loved writing ever since I was a kid, for as long as I can remember I’ve kept a journal so being able to make my journal public is my true happy place.
3. If you could be a celebrity, who would it be? This is a hard one because there are so many beautiful and strong women who I could name but If I had to choose one it would be Tracee Ellis Ross. I absolutely love her to pieces!
4. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? I promised myself that I would never say this out loud but hey I am a blogger and my life is now an open book. One time way back when I had a job interview lined up for an admin role, I sat in school all day so nervous I didn’t even eat. Well on the way to the interview my stomach was growling that I stuffed food into my mouth to prevent that from happening in the interview (it gets better). Fast Forward to the end of the interview as I am leaving the room, I stand up and walk out and vomit right in front of the CEO’s office! Needless to say, I did not get that job.
5. If time machines were real, would you go to the future or to the past? Oh, I would go to the past.
6. Why? (See question above) I would hug my grandmothers (Ronie, Val & Virginia) so tight and listen to the stories I never wanted to hear a child. I would ask them tons of questions and soak up their knowledge and culture so that I would be able to pass it on to my own children.
7. What’s your favorite trait about yourself? Hmmmmm….. I would have to say my organizational skills. My husband thinks I am crazy and it might just be my undiagnosed OCD but I love anything that keeps me organized and I can’t even plan a simple birthday party without a spreadsheet and party planning binder.
8. What’s your favorite movie? Love Jones
9. Are you a “break it down” on the dance floor or a 2-stepper? 2 stepping master
10. Are you type A personality or type B? (Palm to face) I’m type A personality all the way – I had to look this up though!
11. What’s your biggest goal for 2018? I am a goals queen so this one it’s very hard to choose which is my biggest. If I am keeping it blogging related I would have to say that my biggest goal for 2018 is to make 3k gross in one month. I would love for my blog to be my sole source of income by the end of the year and bringing in that amount for one month would put me in a place of feeling like I can really make this thing work.
- Belraye @belraye
- Latrelle @ibrownsugar_
- Marie @urahightide
- Tarra @tarra.yvette
- Charis @mamaskitchenandcurls
- Nadine @bodyup_bossup
- Sarah @stayathomemommyyeahright
- Juliana @Momheels
- Charnel @togetherqueens
- Alexa @healthydashofsass
- Sylvie @thefoodiejourney
My questions to Nominees
- Why did you start blogging? Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
- How do you describe your blog to others?
- Why did you begin blogging?
- Did your friends and family give you their support when you started your blog?
- Describe something most people don’t know about you…
- Describe your “ideal Sunday”…
- What is your favorite inspirational quote?
- What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
- What’s the one song you know every word to? (Mine is Juicy by Biggie)
- Savory or Sweet? What’s the perfect snack?
- What’s your blogging goal for 2018?
I look forward to reading the responses to the questions and let me know on IG when your post is up! I would love to see it.
| Recommended Blogger Resources
This site is built with love and hard work with the use of many great products and resources. Here are some links to some affiliates that I use on this site that I hope can be helpful to you also.
Beautiful Dawn Designs - At heart, I am a girly girl so that why I chose to use a theme from Beautiful Dawn, she offers some very beautiful feminine themes that are easy to download and upload to your self-hosted WordPress account.
Siteground - After doing lots of research, I found self-hosting to be the best way to go. Siteground is known for its super fast support, speed, and security all of which are essentially important for having a great blog site.
Wordpress - Although I use a self-hosted site Wordpress is the platform that my blog is also run on. Siteground has the WP admin dashboard and has been great and easy to use. If you're not ready to self-host yet you can still get going with Wordpress at a great startup cost.
ShareASale - This is an affiliate network that houses that can help to increase your sales, develop your brand, and generate interest in your site, here is a blog post where I wrote all about it.
Grammarly - This is the best writing tool you’ll use ever. I am no grammar nazi so I am grateful that Grammarly exists for me to be able to keep my writing professional and proofread. You can also read more about Grammarly and how to use it here.