Refuel, Recharge, Rest and Prosper as you get into the habit of pouring into yourself.
Self-Care is more than just a manicure and pedicure every once in a while. It’s more important to pour into yourself daily as you take care of your mind, body, and spirit.
What you do to start each day can really be the precursor to how you spend the rest of your day. I recently began reading; How Successful People Start Every Day Inspired and although I’ve always known about having a good routine, this one book has truly inspired me.
The authors of My Morning Routine interviewed sixty-four of today’s most successful people who offer advice on creating a routine of your own. If you have a chance to read it, I would love to hear your feedback on how it’s impacting your life as well.
My Morning Self-Care Routine
I recently revamped my routine to include many of the life changes I have gone through in business and life. I wanted to make sure I planned to plan a tip I learned from the Mattie James Podcast.
As a visual person, I like to make sure I print things out or I write things down so that I can hold it in my hand and I keep it in a place that is easily assessable to me throughout the day. As a goal planner, I tend to stick to these tactics to make sure my goals are attainable and have a purpose.
I work from home as a full-time blogger, freelance writer and working actively on starting my online consulting business so my day is usually always packed with hundreds of things that I need to do. However, self-care is number one for me, so taking the time to do my morning routine and start each day in a productive way really helps me to level set my day.
I try to wake up at least 2 hours before the kids and my husband, having these hours alone are crucial to what I believe helps me have a great successful start to my day. When my children wake up in the summer they are ready to GO! From the moment one of them wakes, they wake the other and the house becomes a free for all so I like to make sure I am up before them so that I have some peace alone.
During the school year, the kids have their own routines for the morning and even then I wake up before them to help prepare for the day.
*This line-up works for ME! It might not be fitting for your lifestyle but use it as a guide to set up your own morning self-care routine*
- Wake Up / Bathroom -This quite literally means going to the bathroom, brushing my teething, washing my face and waking myself up.
- Meditate/Yoga – I meditate EVERY DAY! This is a non-negotiable for me as it truly helps my peace of mind. Some days I don’t do yoga but I will also do a little stretching since my next task is running.
- Morning Run – Depending on the day I have different run lengths and times but it’s always a minimum of 2miles per day (I run 5x a week) running helps me above all else have a clear head.
- Turn on coffee/Shower – Simple
- Breakfast– By this time the house is up so we have breakfast and I finally get my coffee fix.
*notice I still haven’t touched my phone for social media or emails*
- Prepare Daily Agenda– I usually make my big to-do list in the evening but at this time I get my ticky tacky to-do’s and write down all the little things that I need to achieve.
- Reply to Emails/Social Media- At this point, I’ve already been up for 3 hours and haven’t checked social media DM’s or my emails (unless business requires i.e, meetings, calls, etc.). I really like to not clutter my mind with whats happening on social media when I first wake up. If I am ever on before then It’s to make a story of my run, but I am not checking messages or responding to comments until 9 AM.
- Client Pitches- I spend my morning sending out my client pitches for both my freelance services and influencer campaigns.
- Blogging Work– At this point I am settling into my day and will begin working on blog content, pinning, planning and anything on my content calendar.
Free Printable of my actual Day to Day Morning Routine & Blank version for you to fill in!
And so my day of work continues! That’s my routine for the morning currently and when school is in session there are tweaks to the timing as I am trying to rush kids out the door with their dad or if I am working from a coffee shop but overall this is how I start my day.
If you would like to know some of my normal self-care products you can check them all out in my Amazon Store I have an entire category dedicated to self-care and as I try new products I will begin to update. Within this store are my genuine recommendations for your self-care routine. Use these self-care products daily or weekly to elevate your mind, body, and soul.
How to Set up Your Morning Routine
Are you ready to start your day inspired and set yourself and your day up for success? Every person’s morning will look different depending on your lifestyle. However, it should all essentially have the common thread and that is making the time for you.
Tips to get you started
- Plan to Plan (Make time during your morning to plan out your daily activities).
- Skincare – yes girl taking care of your skin is important.
- Meditation/Moments of Silence/ Prayer– A time dedicated to bringing peace into your mind before running head first into your day.
- Eat! – I often forget to feed myself so including it in my routine is my way of saying hey girl, you need to take care of that body.
The goal is to have a great self-care morning routine that does not feel like a chore. Once you have the right routine, you’ll look forward to waking up.