Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Vegan Parmesan
Brussels Sprouts are a favorite of mine and it’s taken some time to perfect the savory recipe for a roasted Brussels Sprouts dish. This recipe is really simple and easy to make using only lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, salt, pepper, and vegan cheese! While sometimes I like to add a little sweetness to my veggies like in one my kid’s favorites honey roasted sweet potatoes or even a really spicy sauce for cauliflower bites.
I like to roast my brussels sprouts in a cast iron skillet, but you can definitely make these in any kind of roasting pan or baking sheet you have, the cast iron is really just a personal fav! In this recipe you will find that there aren’t any specifics on seasoning because it’s all about flavor development, if you need a little more salt – go for it. I generally use about 1 tsp of coarse sea salt pre-oven and a little more right when it comes out the oven.
Cheese makes everything better and as a vegan, I’ve grown to love many “cheese” brands but love the Follow Your Heart Parmesan cheese for this recipe, it rounds out the Brussels nicely!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Cast Iron
- 1.5 lbs Brussel Sprouts washed, chop off the bottom ends and remove outer leaves
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1½ tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Coarse Sea Salt to taste * I use roughly 1tsp, 1/2 tsp prior to roasting and sprinkle a little more after it's out
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Toss sprouts with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and parsley in a bowl
- Spread the brussels sprouts out in a large cast iron frying pan or roasting pan in a single layer with plenty of space between the sprouts. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper
- Put brussels sprouts in oven, roast for 30 minutes, stirring the sprouts about halfway throughAdjust the timing depending on the size of the sprouts and your particular oven. The sprouts should be nicely browned, some of the outside leaves crunchy, the interior should be cooked through
- Toss with Parmesan and add more salt to taste to serve